Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Judeo/Christian Witch and 21st Century Rock Star known as Stevie Nicks

We make all of our suns the same. Everyone must suffer the fire we've made. They all explode just the same and there's no going back on the plans we've made...You know all of our friends are gods and they all tell us how to paint our face, but there's only one brush we need. It's the one that never leaves a trace

- Peacekeeper, by Fleetwood Mac (2001)
As the chilling lyrics to the song above seem to suggest, the original members of the Rock Band Fleetwood Mac (including the infamous Stevie Nicks) still seem drawn to the Occult and even promote it in their song lyrics. Yet when I googled Stevie Nicks to investigate, my heart and I finally became her fan.
You see, when I was younger and far more devout, I was told by my older cousins and their friends that Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac was the most powerful Satanic witch in the world and every year she would, by age-old tradition, wander up into the mountains for a week or so to have sex with a wild, Mountain Billy goat- the Devil. Apparently, that rumor was fairly common in the 70s, which was the time I first heard about it.
Yet, as can be seen with just a few select quotes (see below), Stevie Nicks was, and is, far too normal to ever be into that sort of thing- you know, bestiality (sex with animals). Seems to me she'sa  perfect example of what is best referred to as a good-hearted, well-intentioned, 'white' Witch who still believes in God and His Angels, rather than Satan and his demons.  Here is Stevies Nicks herself from two different 1998 interviews:

 

Disc Jockey: You used to think you were a Witch. 
Stevie Nicks: Yes...
 
- Stevie Nicks Interview, WEGQ FM Eagle 93.7 (May 21, 1998)
A long, long time ago I decided I was going to have a kind of mystical presence, so I made my clothes, my boots, my hair, and my whole being go with that. But it wasn't something I just made up at that point. It's the way I've always been. I've always believed in good witches-not bad witches-and fairies and angels.
- Stevie Nicks, Interview Magazine, July 1998

I think there is definitely a God. I think there was definitely an Angel with me all the way through the bad times. Somebody keeping me safe. I feel very spiritual now. I really believe that God makes my music good and makes me able to deliver it and makes me able to not look or feel fifty. I mean, there has to be some outside help- this can't all be happening on its own.
- Stevie Nicks, WEGQ FM Eagle 93.7 (May 21, 1998)

As can be seen and read here, Stevie Nicks has either calmed down and is perhaps hiding a dark and wicked past (which I seriously doubt) or she really is, and always was, a sweet little girl with a huge imagination that still has an abiding affection for the God of the Holy Bible. In short, if Stevie Nicks is really a Witch, she is a Judeo/Christian Witch and therefore an ally, not an enemy to be despised.
God bless and Shalom.

2 comments:

Jett Dancer said...

I too am a Judeao-Christian Witch!

Jett Dancer said...

I too am a Judeao-Christian Witch!